General PTA Meeting Minutes 1/12/21, 7pm
Mrs. Murphy Updates:
Updates to in person events/class parents/guest readers/other visitors at least in short term
aligning w updated District Policy.
- Taking a pause for the next few weeks allowing visitors into the school and will re-evaluate
- We will be notified by the superintendent if and when there is a change.
- Revolving lunch schedule includes 3 days/week in the classroom and 2 days in the cafeteria
- Extra time to eat in the cafeteria
- On classroom days, if students don’t have enough time to finish before the next group eats, students are encouraged to ask lunch aides to move their seat to a spot where they can finish while still socially distanced
- Intention is to still go outside for recess as much as possible through the winter months
- Pause to the Variety Show (rescheduled for May 25) because it increased the number of outside people in the school
- Rehearsals will begin at the end of March
- Class directors to update their classes accordingly
Thank you’s: Benee – Hot Chocolate Bar and Support Staff Gifts
Thank you to all our teachers for their work transitioning quickly to virtual
Provided in door recess kits for every class, additional items will be purchased
Sponsoring balloon again for Souper Hero Stroll – taking place Jan 22 & Jan 23 location TBC
Mrs. Murphy will follow up with all teachers regarding the Teacher Mini Grant Requests (mini grants allow teachers to request smaller items for use in the classroom. Items are fulfilled by the PTA
- Jan Pretzel Sales- cancelled due to current restrictions
- Feb Events
- Pretzel sales: TBD
- Skate Night: Canceled, no opportunity to postpone as ice skating rinks close early March for the season
- discuss potentially adding in Ice Cream Social once weather is warmer and hopefully restrictions loosen.
- Art Night – follow up next week with Heather Rosen (Art Night chair) as to when she would be ready to go. Do we want to do “At Home” kits end of Feb/Early March or do we want to postpone to later spring (and hope we can once again do in person?) Will need additional volunteers once we have plan; Gallery walk (coordinated by/with Mrs. Paone will be postponed to March or later)
- March Events
- CASA PJ & Book Collection: Will proceed as planned week of March 1st
- Book Fair: Touchbase w Claire & Kate (co-chairs); Hoping to be in person, might have to move to the gym
- Budget: $13,276.32 in the account. Final numbers for BAS for 5K were $8,579.47 (Same amount for OAS).
- We made $1,634.47 on holiday boutique
- 50/50 Raffle Update: All tickets distributed. Extending return date to 1/19 for payment and ticket stubs.
- Return payment and stubs to school or drop in bin at Claire’s home
- Winners will be announced live on the BAS PTA Facebook page at 9am on 1/21
- Thank you for school nurse (lunch or gift card for lunch)
- Lunch gift cards were gifted to everyone who helped with the 5K
- Grade Parents
- Seeking at least one volunteer per grade
- Need volunteers set by end of January
- Grade volunteers to begin brainstorming for Mothers Day & Fathers Day crafts (come up with ideas to send to Mrs. Murphy/teachers for feedback by end of Feb/early March, have time to order supplies and deliver to school by mid April).
- Confirmed grade volunteer for Kindergarten (Courtney Byrne) and First Grade (Benee Meade) during the meeting
- Website will be updated asap with dates of new activities, postponed and cancelled events reflected
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here