This Month at BAS
Welcome to BAS and welcome back to all of our returning families! We are so happy to be back in school and we can’t wait to make many memories together this year at BAS. We are here to help make this a wonderful year and we look forward to your partnership to make that happen. Please reach out with questions, concerns, or suggestions. We can be reached at PTA_BAS@cranfordschools.org. Together we will make this another year of learning and growing together at BAS!
Meet the PTA Board
President: Nicole Feeley
Vice President: Nikki Mulcahy
Treasurer: Claire Henderson
Recording Secretary: Benee Meade
Corresponding Secretary: Courtney Byrne
Monthly Email Blast Coordinator: Christine DelRe
Class Parent Liaison: Julie Bridge
Member at Large: Jen Jurkowich
We Need Your Help!
Open Chair Positions:
- Pretzel Sale Co-Chair: Co-chair with Meredith Goldblatt. Would entail organizing our monthly pretzel sale. Pretzels will be pre-ordered via a google form, chairs will need to bag for each student, sort by class, and deliver to BAS. Morning/Daytime commitment once a month.
- Cranford Family Cares Collection In November; Chair would need to create flyer and pick up donations from BAS and drop at Cranford Family Cares.
- CASA PJ & Book Collection – Takes place during the first week of March; Chair would need to create flyer and organize pick up of our PJ & Book collection benefitting CASA Union County
Please reach out if you have questions about any of the above open chair positions!
BAS PTA School Directory and Class Parent Volunteer Form
BAS Back to School Night
Virtual Back to School Night will take place on Tuesday, September 21, 2021. Each class will be assigned a half-hour time slot with additional times for Special Activity Teachers and Related Services. The Google Meet times for homeroom classes are listed below:
- Grade 2 (6:35 PM – 7:05 PM)
- AM/PM Kindergarten (7:10 PM – 7:40 PM)
- Full Day Kindergarten (7:10 PM – 7:40 PM)
- Grade 1 (7:45 PM – 8:15 PM)
- K-2 Mrs. Roberts (7:45 PM – 8:15 PM)
A more detailed schedule with Special Activity Teachers, Related Services, and the Google Meet Links has been sent via email.
BAS/OAS Fall 5K and Fun Run
The BAS/OAS Fall 5k and Fun Run is back!
Registration is now open at https://runsignup.com/…/Cranford/BloomingdaleOrangeFall5K
This year, for the first time, 5k runners can now have the option to participate in-person or virtually, from anywhere at any time! Register before 9/26 to guarantee a cotton t-shirt for fun run participants and technical shirts for 5k participants (in-person only).
Additional BAS reminders
Please send your full-size (high/original resolution) back to school photos to BASyearbook2022@gmail.com with the event, student names, and class/teacher of the students pictured. It will help ensure that we are able to include as many students in the yearbook as possible. Don’t forget to send your first day of school photos!
Yearbook Ordering Info
You can save 10% by purchasing your yearbook before September 20th!
Go to www.treering.com/validateEnter Bloomingdale Avenue School’s passcode: 1014769111342711
(*If you have a second grader at BAS, please do not purchase a yearbook for them. They are gifted a yearbook by the PTA.)
Box Top Collection
Easy – just download the Box Tops App and select our school by zip code. Then snap a picture of your grocery receipts and the fundraiser money loads right into our school’s account!
If you use Amazon Smile (http://smile.amazon.com) for your Amazon purchases and select Bloomingdale Avenue School (146714 Bloomingdale Avenue School PTA), 0.5% of the purchase price on eligible products goes directly to the school! Perfect way to support BAS doing the shopping you are already doing!
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here